Hobbes In Photos


It’s been a while since Hobbes had a blog post all to herself. She’s about full grown now, and I’d estimate that she’s about 8 or 9 pounds. She’s a little smaller than Checkers was, but just as opinionated.

Today, for example, I was eating a snack and noticed that Hobbes was crawling all over me. She always makes her presence known at meals, yet today she was being incredibly obtrusive. Then I realized why…I was holding a banana. That’s right. Hobbes now loves bananas. There's video evidence.


It’s so fun to watch this crazy adventurer on her little life journey. She changes all the time, yet remains as fierce and loving as ever. Along with her recent interest in bananas, she’s developed a strong passion for the bathroom sink. She will remain in the sink even if someone turns the faucet on, and commence licking the water off her back. She’s even climbed in as the water was running. If Aaron and I are reading or on our computers, and we suddenly notice that the house is extremely quiet, the first place we check is the bathroom. Often she’s in there, hanging out in her new favorite place.

Sorry about our not cute bathroom...but the expression on Hobbes' face makes me laugh every time!
Sometimes she’s incredibly smart. This past weekend, we were getting ready to leave for a visit up to Boston. It was an overnight visit, so we left her behind for the night. Even though her travel case was still in our stairwell closet, she hid under the couch as we started to take things up to the car. However, we’d packed in my backpack and Aaron’s messenger bag, which is what we take to the university other days of the week. There weren't many indicators that we were going to Boston, yet Hobbes totally knew, and she thought we were going to take her. So she hid under the couch. When Aaron came back inside to lock up, she’d climbed on top of the tower he built for her, but as soon as he walked through the door, she darted back under the couch. She knew! Luckily for her, we left her in the Hobbit Hole.


Sometimes I feel like I've known her forever. I jokingly call her my spirit animal, and even though I don’t really believe in spirit animals, I do share a bond with that crazy little cat. I’m sure other pet owners can empathize with this feeling. We know they’re animals, and although they are incredibly smart, probably can’t understand every word we say. Yet they definitely know how we feel. 


I can’t believe Hobbes isn't quite a year old; I can’t imagine life without her.

Here are a few more of our favorite recent moments, including the time today when she decided to help me work...


Or her hilarious vacuum cleaner face... 


She's a character.


Tell me about your pets! (Especially if they're cats!)

Comments