Friday, September 5, 2014

Weekend Souvenirs: First Edition

Hello readers!

Let’s be honest: I haven’t been blogging a lot lately. Ever since I started writing from home, I've been busy working out my schedule and learning how to best manage my time to be productive at home. In that process, the blog has often fallen to the wayside.

Yet now that the dust is settling, I’d like to make some more time for Sputnik Prose, and I have a few plans for how to accomplish that. One is to begin a Friday best-of-the-week post, where I'll share articles I've written, as well as articles I've enjoyed. I'm calling it Weekend Souvenirs.

I’d like to add a few visual and auditory elements as well. Pinterest has swiftly become my favorite social media outlet. I love pictures, so I want to share some of my favorites with you. Of course, I’ll also provide links so you can discover the source of these pictures as well.

I also love music, so I’ll embed a YouTube video of one of my favorite songs in the post.

Here’s the first song, so you can listen as you read the first edition of Friday Souvenirs. Aaron and I first heard it on a Cracked podcast and now we can’t get enough of it.


Now that you have Odesza playing in the background...

Here are some of my favorite pins from the past week!



From Nook’s Twitter account

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight for date night:


From The Beeroness

I would like to spend a Saturday morning here with a cup of tea or coffee and a long book:


From Piccsy

Will this be my kid someday? Or the more important question, do I even need to ask that question?


If you're looking for a good read this weekend, check out these links:


Did you know you can use green tea to make a face mask? 

Have you ever volunteered long term?

A few tips for how to be a lifelong learner...

Do you love photography? Here's how one photographer runs a successful business from California to Paris.

Are you addicted to your phone?

Here's how to see a city through the eyes of a local...


Lastly, a kitten picture! How could I resist?


Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment