Friday, September 12, 2014

Weekend Souvenirs: Fall Edition

Five years ago today, Aaron and I met each other. We really can’t believe it has been five years! I’ll forever be grateful that I met this amazing man who’s inspired me to be a better writer, better cook, and better person. We’re going to celebrate with an extra special date night.

Around that time, I was also introduced to the music of one of my favorite musicians of all time, Alexi Murdoch, and since his songs are so relevant to my life and relationships, I wanted to include one here. Alexi Murdoch plays my go-to music: he’s thoughtful, deep, positive, and real all at the same time. It sounds a little cheesy, but his music really does speak to my soul. He’s one of the artists who never get old for me. 


Now that you're listening...

Admittedly, I am not the biggest pumpkin fan, but there is something special about local stores rolling out their seasonal drinks, and more fall-themed pins on Pinterest. Here’s my favorite fall find of the past week:


From Live Simply

I’m also drooling over this Cinnamon Roll Cake:


From The Baker Chick

Maybe my fall self is getting ready to put on winter pounds or something…luckily I've been practicing lots of yoga! Although I am not able to do this pose yet, pictures like these inspire me:


From Tumblr

I love this quote from one of my favorite writers!



For your weekend reading…

I can’t wait to sip coffee at The Coffee Trike in Boston…

Why I’ll be reading Lord of the Rings out loud to my future child when they’re only a day old

Would you make your own deodorant?

I never really thought about the fact that young people go into farming as a career, but this group of twenty-somethings is working to make farming be recognized as a respected profession

I loved this article about eighty-year-old women who inspire towards real beauty, not Botox!

Savoy Café and Deli has an amazing story of community support and second chances. It's also one of Aaron and my favorite breakfast spots in Santa Barbara!

Speaking of food, NatureBox offers creative snack solutions, based on one of their founders' experience with losing weight through healthy eating.


Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment