Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Unexpected Twists

So sometimes life doesn't go as planned, and although you were going to blog about your new birthday cast iron skillet, the small doings of the day add up and all of a sudden it's 9:15 at night.

However, Sputnik Prose is not the only place where I write. Some of you may not know it, but I also write for Lydia Magazine, Bustle Magazine, and Bite Size Wellness. So in lieu of a post today, I thought I'd share with you all some of my favorite pieces that I've written elsewhere on the Internet.

Lydia Magazine is one of the only online magazines that I really keep up with and read. I love Lydia because the editors and writers are so down to earth and really have an idea of what twenty-somethings women are interested in and read. I'd love for the site to get more recognition - Kerri has done an amazing job of bringing together a group of women to write about topics that matter, and topics that are just plain fun. You all should check Lydia out if you haven't already.

Here's the third Lydia article that I wrote. It draws some inspiration from a blog post I wrote long ago.

Bustle Magazine is another recent publication. I was initially drawn to it because it had a Books section - an element that not many online magazines contain. When I saw a job posting to write for the Books section, I jumped at the opportunity, and have written some fun list pieces as a result.

This piece was one of the hardest pieces for me to write, but the results were worth it. I found it highly entertaining to pair incredibly well-written classic books with the seemingly simple lyrics of today's pop songs.

I've only recently started writing for Bite Size Wellness, but I've really enjoyed the research and experimentation I've put into their articles! Here's my first piece; I learned a lot while writing it and ended up convincing myself to switch to natural nail polish!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the other articles! And because I love you all, a kitten picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment