Monday, March 3, 2014

Interview with Nana


Today, I am so pleased to redirect you to Lydia Magazine in lieu of a blog post.

When I first started writing for Lydia, one of the pitches that I sent in was to interview my grandmothers. It was an idea I'd been mulling over for a long time, and I felt like Lydia would be the perfect platform to share what I learned.

However, I really wanted to interview Nana in person, which meant that the interview had to wait until this past January, when my beloved grandparents flew me out for a cruise to celebrate my Grandaddy's 80th birthday. Once I interviewed Nana, it took me a long time to write up what I had learned from my interview notes. I had never before been so intimidated by an assignment, because I truly wanted to do justice to the beauty of Nana's words. I wrote more rough drafts than I ever have for an article!

Once it was written, however, I was thrilled to learn that my editor wanted to turn the interview into a series for Women's History Month. Other Lydia contributors interviewed their grandmothers, and Lydia will be releasing one interview a week in honor of the incredible women in our lives. So read my Nana's interview today, and then check back at Lydia to see what other grandmothers had to say!

My Nana and Grandaddy are truly an inspiration and a blessing in my life. Through all of life's twists and turns, they have been there to support me and show me what real, undying love looks like. I love you both so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment